TYPO OF THE WEEK
Real Mistakes, Real Laughs:
Air bases were built on captured islands of Tinian, Saipan, and Guam but they were barley within the range of the long-range bombers.
(hope the bombadiers weren't on gluten-free diets)
Didn't catch the typo? Scroll to bottom of page
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Meanwhile, I am celebrating my return to blogging with a fun tribute to Presidents' Day: a brief list of Presidential trivia. Caution: this sampling could turn into a full-fledged list...
1. the only bachelor president: James Buchanan
2. the last president born in England: William Henry Harrison
3. the first president born in the USA: Martin Van Buren (even though he was of Dutch heritage and spoke Dutch with his wife at home)
4. the first president not from Virginia or Massachusetts: Andrew Jackson (born in South Carolina)
5. the only Quaker president: Richard Nixon
6. the oldest elected president: Ronald Reagan (aged 69)
7. the youngest elected president: John F. Kennedy (43)
8. the shortest term in office: William Henry Harrison (died from pneumonia about a month after his inauguration)
9. the longest term in office: Franklin D. Roosevelt (the only president to have served four terms)
10. the only divorced president: Ronald Reagan
11. the longest inauguration speech: William Henry Harrison (he spoke for 1 hour and 45 minutes)
12. the only elected president to serve nonsequential terms: Grover Cleveland
13. the president with the most children: John Tyler (15)
14. the first president to die in office: William Henry Harrison (from pneumonia that developed from the cold he contracted after that long inaugural speech in the freezing rain without coat or hat)
Hail to the chief!
"Expect the Unexpected"