TYPO OF THE WEEK
Real Mistakes, Real Laughs:

Air bases were built on captured islands of Tinian, Saipan, and Guam but they were barley within the range of the long-range bombers.

(hope the bombadiers weren't on gluten-free diets)
-------------------------------

Didn't catch the typo? Scroll to bottom of page

Sunday, March 1, 2009

BEYOND EASY STREET

Im keeping with the multi-genre, "blog-about-everything" theme of Crossing Polansky, I'm pleased to announce the addition of a new gadget:
Beyond Easy Street. This feature joins Typo of the Week as another illustration of my eclectic interests, and is a collection of really odd street names around the USA. I'm not talking double-entendre here; I mean seriously unusual names, such as Lovely Johnson Lane here in Annapolis, Maryland, or Knight Arnold Road in Memphis, Tennessee. See what I mean?

Because a picture is worth a thousand words (or maybe a million, in today's economy), I'll need digital photos of these street signs to post here. That's where you come in! Since I'm probably the last person to own a cell phone that doesn't have a built-in camera, it should be pretty easy to snap a picture of any interesting street sign you come across. Let's see how many we can find in our own backyards and share them with the cyberworld for a chuckle or two.

To kick things off, I'm offering a free gift to the sender of the first street sign photo posted* on Beyond Easy Street. I'll need small JPEGs (I'm not that computer-deft to handle anything else) that clearly show the street sign, along with the city and state in which it's located.
Email them to author40@verizon.net.

But please, don't take pictures while you're driving! I can't afford a lawsuit.




NOTE: I reserve the right to decline posting any photos/names I deem inappropriate (my blog, my rules)
www.cynthiapolansky.com

No comments:

ODDBALL STREET NAMES

ODDBALL STREET NAMES
Annapolis, MD

Sturbridge, MA

Annapolis, MD
Submit a jpeg of your local oddball street name -- if it's posted, you'll win a prize!